Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Refrig. Kenmore elite, we've ordered/received ice maker unit

Customer Question

refrig. Kenmore elite, we've ordered/received ice maker unit for Model(###) ###-#### Recd no instructions as to installation. Suggestions:
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased 6/2010, Model 795.105 bottom freezer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything else.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Replacing this icemaker should be fairly easy. Just open the left refrigerator door and remove the cover enclosing the icemaker and ice bucket. Remove the ice bucket and look below the icemaker in the bottom right and left corners. Next, unplug the refrigerator. There are 2 screws that you need to remove which mount the icemaker to the door. Remove these screws and there may be 1 more screw in the upper right corner going into the back wall. If so, remove that screw otherwise the icemaker just pulls out at which point you can reach behind the icemaker to unplug the wire harness. Unplug the wire harness and just plug in the new icemaker and mount the new icemaker---then plug the refrigerator back in.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?