Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an LG lfc 23760SB bottom freezer, refrigerator. It

Customer Question

I have an LG lfc 23760SB bottom freezer, refrigerator. It has been a great unit until suddenly the ice maker stopped working. I turned it off for 24 hours, turned it back on & no luck. I bought ice cube trays and after about 2 weeks the ice maker suddenly started working again! Now just as suddenly it has stopped once more. Any ideas as to what is going on?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 6-8 years old - not sure.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything else in the refrigerator and freezer seems fine - just the ice maker bugs out on occasion.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Check the temperature of air around the icemaker. It should be less than 10ºF or the icemaker will not cycle. If the temperature is good, check to see if the icemaker looks jammed with ice dripping down or something like that. If so, heat up the icemaker with a hair dryer to thaw out any blockage of ice. If it still won't make ice, replace the icemaker itself. Below is a link to the icemaker.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?