Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a cabrio model WTW5640XW0. The lid lock flashes and

Customer Question

I have a cabrio model WTW5640XW0. The lid lock flashes and the cycle stops after the initial start of the cycle. I replaced the lid lock mechanism. I then called a Sears service who ran the diagnostic code and said it was probable a bad control module. On the internet, a video stated that the control module has an indicator light in the center. I checked, and the light is green which indicates that the module is not bad. Should I replace the module?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Howatrd
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have unpluged it many, many times and run diagnostic codes without success. I will replace the module myself with a refurbished one (for about $100).
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I did have a service man check it out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Without pulling up an error code in diagnostics mode, replacing the control board is really the only next step because you should be able to pull up an error at the very least so that you know what the washer thinks is wrong. That green light only tells you if the control board is completely shorted out and isn't powering up. If the light turns on that doesn't mean the board is definitely good however.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. I am confused as to how much I am being charged for this advice. I didn't intent to sign up for a continuing program. Can you clarify this for me. Pay pal sent $28 to you. Was this the only charge? I was not under the impression that this would cost me that much. In any case, I have no problem with the $28 charge, but I do not want to subscribe to any continuing program. Is this the only charge?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes the total charge is $28 it appears. You are not signed up for a subscription just this one question. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?