Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model RF 32FMQDBSR W76643BF800697D Water collect and pools

Customer Question

Model RF 32FMQDBSR
W76643BF800697D
Water collect and pools down in the frg. below the crispers.
Trying to get the inside panel off so I can check if the drain line is plugged or froze off.
It is not the water d or ice maker, cause still have the issue when the water line valve is closed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

You are on the right track trying to locate the defrost drain. Attached below is a picture of the back panel inside your refrigerator. There are 2 screws on the bottom of this panel and SOMETIMES there is a 3rd screw in the middle up higher which I marked. You'll need to check for these 3 screws and remove them. After that, the panel just unclips from the sides and pulls forward and out. There could be ice build up behind this panel making it hard to remove so you may have to heat up the panel with a hair dryer for a bit before it'll pull off if the styrofoam behind this panel is holding tight to the ice/frost build up.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?