John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

How do you access temp sensors on pfs22sisbss (GE French

Customer Question

How do you access temp sensors on pfs22sisbss (GE French door fridge and bottom freezer) replaced the board, it worked for 2 weeks, with ups and downs, now both warm again. grrr. thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If both freezer and refrigerator are warming up, this is not a temp sensor issue----that would only affect one section or the other, not both. To determine what is going on the first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
oh boy, do i remove the ice maker? how? and door? how? there is frost on the back panel, fan running. have no idea how to remove back panel, sorry
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, you would need to remove absolutely everything inside the freezer including the drawer and the icemaker. I'm not there so I really couldn't tell you exactly what screws to remove and whatnot but if you're not handy enough to do this repair yourself then it's probably time to call a technician out to repair the unit for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Am sorry that you have quickly dismissed my request for detailed instructions. Handy I am, as well as cautious. Totally unsatisfied with your response. please credit my card
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

have a nice day.