Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I open the top of my Whirpool Duffy washer, Duet, 3

Customer Question

How do I open the top of my Whirpool Duffy washer
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Duet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 3 maybe4 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I plan to run the diagnostics for an F 35 error It's aDuet stem Duet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like you're on the right track if you're trying to open the top of your washer for this error. F35 means that the unit is flooding so your pressure switch has failed. To access the pressure switch, pull the washer forward and remove the 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. The pressure switch is mounted to the right side wall above the tub toward the back and is the only part with several wires going to it as well as a small rubber hose.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?