Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have a kitchenaid fridge about 2 years old. It is making

Customer Question

We have a kitchenaid fridge about 2 years old. It is making a buzzing sound and then it goes away. I know it's not the damper as that was our problem w/the last model. The ice maker wire is up and we don not use that anyway. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I will get the model number and it's about two years old, hang on while I get the model num
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. Here is the info
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model KRFF300essoo serial Vs53952426
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you today. Actually what you may be hearing i not a big deal at all. It can be the components located in the back kicking on to keep the temp of the fridge. Also could be the fridge automatic defrost kicking on which kicks on often. Sometimes you don't notice the noise until later on because it can become dusty back there making the unit louder. I will certainly pull up your model and double check this for you but this is common with almost all units.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will pull it away from the wall and clean around the back. The noise was not like this a month ago. I hope it helps. Thank you
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome let me know what you find. I will be here in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Was wondering how everything was going?