John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Kenmore refrig model 795.77573600 Ice Maker stopped makng

Customer Question

My Kenmore refrig model 795.77573600 Ice Maker stopped makng ice. Water is not coming into the ice maker during the fill mode. Usually. Sometimes it will fill and later harvest a load of ice. I have replaced the ice maker kit; the distribution valve in the door, and verified that the main water valve delivers water when the water dispenser is activated. I can hear the "second water valve" (in door) actuating when the test procedure is conducted. But no water flows. On the other hand, sometimes water will magically appear during the fill cycle and a load of ice will fall into the bucket about 55 minutes after "fill". Obviously, a gremlin. I am thinking there has to be a connection between the first water valve (in the machine room), the ice maker module, and the water valve in the door. Is it likely the first water valve isn't reliably getting a signal to supply a flow of water to the second water valve (in the door) when the ice maker calls for water?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model # is: #795.77573600 Purchased and put in service in 2006
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: PS I found and copied the Kenmore Service Manual for this model. Yes. I would like to do the work myself. Getting tired of $100 service calls for parts replacers.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes. I tested the second-water valve per page 52 of the service Manual. The test showed 384 ohms--well within the specifications
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. So are you thinking there could be a clogged line?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

Have you checked the door switch to see if its working? How about changing out the water filter to see if that is the problem?