Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Affordable Appliance Repair, and I'm working on a

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have Affordable Appliance Repair, and I'm working on a whirlpool duet dryer. I'm getting a E-1 code, and I have changed the thermistor and control board, checked the wiring. I'm still getting the E-1 code and I don't know what else to check
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell me what control board you replaced exactly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the main control on top r-hand side of dryer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK so that is the correct control board. There really isn't anything else that can cause your problem other than the control board, the thermistor, or the wiring in between. So test the resistance of the thermistor and it should read 11.9k ohms at room temperature. If that checks good, there is no way that 2 control boards are going to have the exact same fault which means that even though the wiring appears to be testing good, something is causing an intermittent break in the wiring and the wiring will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've check the wiring twice and the resistance on the thermistor is with in range. Some one told me the heat being to hot will give a E-1 code. Is that true ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

That is not true, no. Again, I understand you checked the wiring, but only 3 things can cause this error---either your thermistor is bad, the wiring is bad, or the control board is bad. You aren't going to have 2 control board with the same error. You can test the thermistor to make sure it didn't come back. Other than that you have bad wiring. Regardless what you're testing shows NOTHING ELSE can cause the problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** check everything again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

ok good luck.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?