Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My maytag Centinial washer only sensor light comes on

Customer Question

my maytag Centinial washer only sensor light comes on blinking, when pushing start the drain comes on andnever shuts off, sometimes after 5- 10 minutes. replaced drain pump same problem
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years old mvwc360awo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: lid not locking just draining
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So it sounds like you just have a bad main control board which is part number W10520038 and costs about $75. Now that being said, I would try to pull up an error code first and see if you're getting an error code. If so that might tell you if the washer thinks something else has failed. If there is no error code that pulls up then you would want to replace the control board. Below is a video on how to pull up error codes for your model. Also, Whirlpool makes this washer for Maytag so don't be confused by the video.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
testing mode will not work, sensor light stays on blinking
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

OK then I would just replace the control board because otherwise you should be able to pull up an error code.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

no problem and sorry about the bad news but I wish you only the best.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I order the control board, waiting for it to come in mail, when installed I will leave You Feedback. Thanks Robert
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

ok good luck.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Installed the $100.00 control board. Able to recalibrate and put in testing mode. When pushing start to load the lid locks and the drain comes on and never shuts off, still not working?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

When you calibrated it did it spin?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Have you let it run to see if it will start? I mean let it run for 10-15 min?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
mean let the drain pump keep running for 10 to 15 min? I have not, was afraid it would un pump motor, but I will try again to see if it kick in after 10 to 15 min
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok let the drain pump run for about 15 min and it automatic shuts off, and that's it nothing else happens.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Problem fixed. It was the cold water inlet was bad.