Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

That would be great, 1 day, Hoping too. I think my

Customer Question

That would be great
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 day
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hoping too. I think my dishwasher needs to be reset
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: It is a whirlpool quiet partner II not sure what year though as i rent my place i have not run a cycle. the dishwasher just stopped mid cycle. it still has power though as lights occassionally blink
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope just looking for some type of resent prompts
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any chance you can call me. This web app is tough to use
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you see the picture I just sent of model / serial
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I can call but there is an additional $24 charge. Otherwise you we can just continue typing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess typing works
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

As for your issue, it sounds like the lights will blink occasionally so the first you want to do is flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. While the power is off, remove the kick panel below the door and check the junction block where the power cord from your house connects to the dishwasher. Make sure the wires are not melted or anything like that. If everything looks secure and good, then flip power back on and see if the unit turns on. If it doesn't, then you need to take the door apart. There is a fuse clipped onto the control board with 2 wires going to it so test continuity through the fuse. If the fuse has no continuity, replace it. If all that checks good, your door latch switches need to be replaced. These switches have been re-designed due to lots of failures so below is a link to the new kit you'd need.

CLICK HERE for latch switch kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?