Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Have a Monogram wall oven and just replacing the LCD part

Customer Question

Have a Monogram wall oven and just replacing the LCD part and still getting no response after the new part installed?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GE Monogram ZET 1R M3SS Serial AV6 121090. About 5 -6 years old. We live on the ocean and have had to change this same part once before
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a tech on island doing the work now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: He is asking if there is a reset process
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Was the oven unresponsive to begin with and still acting the same way?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The controls did not respond. We ordered the new control board and have just installed it. The key pad lights up but when you push any of the controls they do not respond. The Clear Off button is read but does not respond to get it to clear off
Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Okay, did you replace number 16 in the diagram at the link below?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
part number 16 is the part we just replaced. Now, the clock comes on... the Home, Oven Light, etc comes on.. and the Clear Off button which has a red circle around it. But nothing responds when we push the buttons
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
We get a consistent beep about every 30 seconds or so.
Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Any error codes displayed?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
There are no error codes displayed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Thank you. Let's see if we can get it into a factory test mode. Please turn the breaker off for 5 minutes. I will directions to follow.

Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

The factory test mode can only be accessed during the first 5 minutes after the
unit is powered up. To access the factory test mode, press the following keys in
sequence (press and release each key one at a time) within the first 5 minutes of
operation: HOME, HELP, BACK, OVEN LIGHT and OPTIONS. These keys are located
on the fixed keypad located just to the right of the LCD screen.

Once the factory test mode is entered, all loads can be actuated via the Factory
Test Mode LCD screen.

Does it go into the diagnostic mode?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Okay.We are now waiting for the five minutes. We did do this before but did not wait five minutes so we will try again.Note: When we turned on the power for a few seconds this message came up....LCD Board T_PP_Monogram V-V-35
Main Relay V3.2
EEProm Parameter Page CRCis BE9AInitialization in ProgressDo not touch screen
Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Okay, let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
We just did it.. and nothing has changed
Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Well, that is not what we wanted. I believe the touch board (the front panel) is faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

The touch board assembly is number 1 in the diagram I sent you. It is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!