Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a washer model MHW70000XG1 when I start the washer

Customer Question

I have a washer model MHW70000XG1 when I start the washer the door locks and the tub turns a 16 th of a turn but the water does not start to fill and the washer just clicks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Following the directions linked below, enter service mode and tell me what error code is being reported, thanks.

1. enter service mode - click here for instructions

2. fault codes display method - click here for instructions.

let me know what error code/codes you get, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The 3 button push is not bring up the codes

is it going into service mode? You have to do the sequence 3 times when it goes into service mode it will flash either the error code or 88

if it will not go into service mode try unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back up then try again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have chosen different buttons and done each 3 button sequence and waited for error codes. I also turn the power on and off before choosing 3 new buttons to push. Should I be holding each button for 8 seconds or just push them 3 times within the 8 seconds

no you just pick 3 buttons,

press and release button 1 then button 2 then button 3,

and then repeat , do that for a total of 3 times.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have unplugged the washer and tried the 3 button sequence with the door open and closed with no resulting error code appearing.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried the 3 button with the machine plugged in.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have picked 3 buttons and tried at least a 1/2 dozen times.

if 888 or an error code is not showing in the estimated time remaining then you are not entering service mode correctly, it takes a little practice to get it right sometimes. If you can not enter the service mode and you know you are doing it correctly then follow the steps below:

click here for instructions

also the machine must be plugged in to enter service mode

and you cant use the power button as one of the button choices

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Codes that came up are F08 and E01

thanks for that info give me just a moment

That error means

NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING WASHER OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED

I have uploaded the tech sheet for that unit for you to download below, see page 10 and follow the troubleshooting procedures under the F8E1 error code.

click here to open/download tech data sheet.

Let me know how it goes, in the meantime please read below:

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had ordered the service manual and have not received it as of today which is Oct 18 2016. This was after I posed a question of my second error code of f08 02. Can you tell me the fix for this code.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I had followed up with you some time ago asking for your model number and you had never given it to me on the other thread. I see your model number on here now and have sent the manual over to you as well.