John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I am trying to get local help from a tech I have used for

Customer Question

I am trying to get local help from a tech I have used for years in New london, NH
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: started yesterdy
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no I am just trying to get a tech here
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: problem is witth a Whirlpool refrigerator. The unit is frosted up. forced defrost doesnt work. on board diagnostics say defrost switch is closed. I suspect it is the defrost heater but i am too old to crawl inside the freezer drawer and do any furthur trouble shooting. model is GB2SHDXTS01 serial # is KW3803167
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approx 6 years The model is GB2SHDXTS01 single door above a drawer freezer. Freezer defrost switch has failed before and was replaced on warranty but then the on board tests said the sw waas open
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

We only give online troubleshooting we do not come out to your home, you would need to call a local repair service and have them come out, if you do not intend on doing the work yourself.