Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a Kitchen Aid French door bottom freezer

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid French door bottom freezer Refrigerator. The freezer is working; the refrigerator is not. The control panel will not work. I have unplugged to try to reset, cleaned the vents front and back and have not blocked any interior vents. Is there some sort of fuse involved in the operating the control panel? I don't notice any lock feature in my manual. It is a KBFA25ERSS model.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If there is no power to the control panel or it just will not accept any commands then the main board on the unit will need to be replaced. There is no fuse or reset for it other than unplugging the refrigerator for a few minutes and plugging it back in. If you have tried that or try it and it still does not function then you will need to replace the main board on the unit.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: 12782036SP - click here

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi there,After searching everywhere and talking to many appliance parts stores I am told that kitchen aid no longer makes this board. How crazy! Anyway, do you have any recommendations on what I can do now?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
no, I do not want to call for another $24. I thought I already paid for all of this.