Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

GE gas dryer just installed this week- start button not

Customer Question

GE gas dryer just installed this week- start button not working - hav tried everything - GTD42GASJ2WW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First thing you want to do is check the wall plug the unit is plugged into and make sure the plug has power. Plug something else into the plug like a hair dryer and make sure its getting power. If so and the dryer will not start after selecting a new cycle then there is some type of component failure and the unit will need to be serviced under warranty if its brand new. If the unit is under warranty and you try to repair it yourself you could void your warranty so I advise you have it serviced under warranty.

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?