Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Are you there, I have a samsung, model rm255, the compressor

Customer Question

are you there
JA: No. I'm the Appliance Technician's Assistant.
Customer: I have a samsung, model rm255, the compressor works, the refrigerator "cools" but, the fan in the upper sections of refrigerator are NOT running. Not in the freezer and not in the refrigerator. I replaced the thermostat in the refrigerator, the main control board and a temperature sensor and nothing gets these fans running up top.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2005 I think
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I swapped fans from the freezer to the refrigerator just to see if that would find a bad condenser fan motor -- nothing - neither one runs
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have a samsung, rm255/xxa and the refrigerator fan is not coming on and also the upper freezer fan is not coming on. I swapped the fans to see if one was bad or a possible a circuit.
I replaced the main control board, I replaced the temp sensor DA32-00006w, and the bi-metal thermostat on the refrigerator side.
Power is at the outlet where the fans connect - I replaced the fan with a new one but, I think I have the wrong one so I put the old back on. It has a reading of 99 ohms. Also, I have another fan with a reading 33 ohms.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
What power do I use to test the fan operation? Is it a/c or d/c because the fan has written on, DC 12V
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today.

Is this the fan you are having trouble with?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I am sure you did not look up the correct fan. You just directed me to the freezer fan. I made it clear my problem was the upper freezer compartment and the refrigerator fans have the issue.
Here is the link to the refrigerator
Also, BOTH fans are identical on the upper sections of this refrigerator.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
PS I just ordered this board from eBay, as it was a great price, someone replaced their board it was the wrong board so they sold one of them online for $35.00 to me. It will be in the next couple of days and this will mean both boards will have been replaced (one brand new and this one "used"). I know I am throwing parts at this refrigerator but, I have had two service techs come out and one of them (both from Sears) and neither could correctly identify the issue. One stated the main control board, the bi-metal thermostat ( number 43 in the diagram ) ) and the temperature sensor ( )
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
This service is not working for me. Please, cancel this service and refund my purchase. Thank you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.
I will send this in to cancel for you