John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My fridge stopped working at some point today, GE Profile I

Customer Question

hi my fridge stopped working at some point today
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: GE Profile I believe it's about 18 years old (that's the age of the house ... I don't know whether the fridge was ever replaced)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I doubt it but I'm wondering whether it's an easy fix. like, do I just need to unblock something?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: let's see the temperature for both the fridge and freezer is showing at 55 degrees ok, thank you
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
the fridge was working fine earlier. At some point today, the temperature for both the fridge and freezer went to 55 degrees. No matter how I try to reset the temperature, it doesn't budge.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Do you hear any fans and motors running or is the unit 100% silent? If you hear the unit running, then pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the big black compressor running? And if you touch the compressor is it room temperature, warm, or blazing hot?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?