Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I just bought an avanti frost free refrigerator. Even tho it

Customer Question

I just bought an avanti frost free refrigerator. Even tho it doesnt need defrosting, is it advisable to turn it off once in a while, just to give it a rest? If si, for hiw long? Thank you.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Avanti. I just bought it this past Saturday.model number FF45006W
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I just wanted to kniw if it should be turned off every niw and then for s littke while.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I dont think so.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

This unit is an auto defrost unit so you definitely don't need to turn the unit off to defrost it as you said. There is no reason to have to unplug the refrigerator either. When the refrigerator gets down to temperature, everything shuts off until the temperature rises and needs to be turned on to start cooling again so shutting the unit off or unplugging it should never need to be done.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?