Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Dryer won't turn on.control lock lite on. Tryed holding 3

Customer Question

Dryer won't turn on.control lock lite on. Tryed holding 3 seconds. Control panel won't work
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

You should be able to press and hold the control lock button or the end of cycle signal button for 5 seconds to remove the control lock but it sounds like you've already tried that and it didn't work. Unplug the dryer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset then try again. If it still won't unlock, the front interface control board has just failed and would need to be ordered and replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 27 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?