Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a samsung over the stove microwave model# SMH21175

Customer Question

i have a samsung over the stove microwave model# ***** the problem is that when you open the door the turnstile starts turning and you can hear what i hope is the ventilater fan and i hope not radiation.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

So first, the magnetron isn't turn on when this issue is occurring so you don't have to worry about radiation leaking out. The problem is that one of your 3 door switches has failed an needs to be replaced. Below is a video on how to take the control panel off your microwave so you can access the door switches through the left side of the control panel area. You'll need a multimeter to test the door switches but the faulty door switch needs to be replaced. The video in the link below is of a Whirlpool microwave, but the process is the exact same for your Samsung unit. Just replace the faulty door switch and you'll be good to go again.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?