Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How can I get my new whirlpool French door refrigerator OFF

Customer Question

how can I get my new whirlpool French door refrigerator OFF showroom mode?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We just bought it Saturday and the model number is: WRF 757 SOEM00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can because it will not cool down or get water through the Ice maker or the freezer will not cool down.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If you could run through the method to take it off SHOWROOM mode it all should work. We talked with the salesman at Home Depot and he told us that you could walk us through the procedure.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

If your unit is in demo mode (or showroom mode), then it will say "cooling off" on your control panel. All you should need to do is press and hold LOCK and FAST ICE at the same time for 3 seconds. “Cooling Off” will be removed from the display. If that doesn't work then the unit isn't in showroom mode.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
We just got hold of the Whirlpool on the Phone and the fridge is working now so we don't need anything else ... thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

OK I already sent you an answer 4 minutes ago.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?