Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner III dishwasher, and the

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner III dishwasher, and the Clean light is blinking. Can't start the dishwasher. Can you help me diagnose?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think it was new when the house was built 10 years ago. The model number inside the door is GU2500XTPS6
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what it is, I suppose
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

If you count the number of flashes between pauses, is it seven flashes?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
7 flashes between pauses
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

The clean light flashing 7 times is an error code indicating an issue with the wash temperature. If the control does not detect a 4*F temperature rise in the main wash cycle, it will display the fault as the clean light flashing 7 times. There are several things that could cause the water not to heat, including the water being too hot coming in, an open door switch, or a faulty component in the heater circuit. The most common cause is the door switch not closing properly. This can be due to a loading issue or a latch issue. If upon visual inspection of the heating element no obvious defects are found, I would recommend resetting the control and running another cycle, paying close attention to door closure. If the light begins flashing again, you likely have a component failure. The heat circuit consists of several components including the element, control, door switch and tub thermostat(s).

Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

On that model, the reset procedure is below. Press the following keys within 5 seconds...

Heated Dry--Normal--Heated Dry--Normal

Once all of the lights come on, allow about 1 minute, then press cancel. Open the door and feel the heating element. Is it warm?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Followed those instructions. The lights all lit up and the dishwasher made noise for a minute. Even started a bit of water. But the element at the bottom doesn't seem to be warm at all.
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

Great, nice work! Does the element have any bad spots, like holes or odd discoloration?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Wife is in the other room helping with all this while I type. She said it looks pretty uniform across the element. Nothing weird
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

Okay, so it is likely not the heating element that has failed. They will usually show trouble when they fail. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with, specifically to test the door switch?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No we don't have anything like that. We're not really handy at all :)
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

Okay, well the door switch is pretty easy to replace. It only requires removing six screws and two wires. Would you like instructions on doing so?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sure. Where do I get the part?
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

The switch with the white wires is the one you will need to replace.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!