Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Fisher paykel diswaher top drawer is tuck in open position,

Customer Question

Fisher paykel diswaher top drawer is tuck in open position, something may have fallen behind. can the drawer be remved
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

To remove the drawer look at the side of the drawer along the bottom just behind the front panel. There are plastic square tabs that you push in on and then the drawer will pull out further Now you can check to see if there is something that fell behind the drawer. Other than that, sometimes the lid won't raise so the drawer won't shut. You will just have to force the drawer shut by pushing on the front face hard and then start a cycle, wait 60 seconds, and then cancel the cycle to see if the lid will raise. If it won't raise then the lid actuator motors would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 27 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?