Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

How do I re-light the pilot light of my gas oven. It's a

Customer Question

How do I re-light the pilot light of my gas oven. It's a Thermador Professional, that has a side smaller oven built in as well. That side still lights. Thanks
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 25 days ago.

Most models use an electric igniter, not a standing pilot. So, the igniter has likely failed.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
PRG486EDG / 19The smaller oven still ignites without an issue. It's the bigger side that isn't functioning correctly.
Expert:  Kelly replied 24 days ago.

That model uses a spark type ignition. When you turn the large oven on, does it spark or do anything at all?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
you can hear the click of the spark ignition, but won't light.
Expert:  Kelly replied 24 days ago.

Can you access the igniter and use sand paper to clean the tip of the spark electrode and the burner area it sparks to and see if the behavior changes?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
where would I locate the igniter? Upper or lower part of oven?
Expert:  Kelly replied 24 days ago.

It is on the lower part, under the floor, see number 1002 in the diagram at the link below.