Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dish washer wont stop running. It kept going through the

Customer Question

My dish washer wont stop running. It kept going through the night. Is there a way i cna reset?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door?

Also, if you put a gallon of water inside the dishwasher does it drain out after 2 minutes if you continue the cycle or does it wash with the water?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
gsd5911j00bb model number
yes it will drain during the right part of the cycle
right now it is not drained
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

OK so something isn't right with that model after the GSD591. Can you double check the end of that model?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
right now the dishwasher is running the status lights that are illuminated are: wash, Dry and Sanitized. none of the cycle lights are on ex- Normal or speed wash
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

ok waiting

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
gsd5911joobb
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
might be 00 instead of oo
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

OK well this issue sounds like your control board is just going bad. Try to unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then you'll need to replace the control board inside the control panel to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok will give that a try
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

alright good luck and I'm sorry about the bad news today.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?