Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My LG range gives me a F11 error when heating up. Is this

Customer Question

My LG range gives me a F11 error when heating up. Is this something I need to get fixed by a professional?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 8 yrs not sure of exact model is there a model number on the rande?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well making my husband do it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a gas range and convection oven.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 29 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F11 error code is a heating error, it can be either a failed temperature sensor or the main board.

You can test the temperature sensor, its the probe you see protruding out of the back of the inside of the oven. If you see screws on the inside of the oven you can remove the probe there and just unplug it from the wiring harness. The sensor should have around 1100ohms at room temperature if not its bad. If there are no mounting screws that you an see then you will need to access the probe from the rear of the range by remove the back panel. If the temperature sensor checks out good the the main control/display board is bad. However I can tell you when you get the error code right off the bat like you describe its usually going to be a bad control board.

If you would like me to give you the replacement part numbers I will be glad too just give me the full model number of the range. In the meantime please read below:

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?