Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag Advanced cooking system just developed an issue

Customer Question

my Maytag Advanced cooking system just developed an issue where the over is not turning off. I hit cancel on the panel but it doesn't shut it down. what kind of problem is this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The oven is at least 10 years old - I have a photo of the front but I'm guessing I need to pull the stove out to find the model?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that's it
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

When you press the cancel/off button does the display change and revert back to just showing the time of day even though it continues to heat? Or does it not respond at all and looks like it's trying to keep heating?

Also, can I get the full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
it goes back to time display when you hit cancel but it does not turn off. It looks like the same display turning on and off as usual but it doesn't turn off. I'm not at over right now to give you model
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

OK so unfortunately that means you have a stuck relay on your control board. The entire control board would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve that issue I'm sorry to say. The cost of the part is usually about $150-200 but the exact price depends on your model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?