Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Refer not cooling. evapoator fan running but compressor and

Customer Question

refer not cooling. evapoator fan running but compressor and condenser motor are not. no defrosts timer but rather an eletronic controller. acts like stuck in defroest mode, any ideas
kenmore mod. 106.55832400
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If it were stuck in defrost the evaporator fan would not be running either so that is not the issue. Touch the compressor but be careful it may be real hot, if its too warm to touch then that means that the condenser fan has failed and it the compressor is shutting off in overload from being to hot and the condenser fan will need to be replaced. Let me know if the compressor is hot or not and if so I will get you the replacement fan motor. If the evaporator fan is running then the condenser fan should also be running. If you would like me to call I will send the offer, just accept the offer if you still want me to give you a call, thanks. Let me know what you find in the meantime please read below:

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

did you figure anything out?