Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

EdgeStar 65 Lb. Automatic Ice Maker - EdgeStar IB650SS, it

Customer Question

EdgeStar
65 Lb. Automatic Ice Maker -
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: EdgeStar IB650SS, it is 4 months old. It has started to freeze solid before the cubes have a chance to drop. I've cleaned it, and put it through the wash cycle, but it freezes up after one batch drops.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Your evaporator thermister is defective and will need to be changed out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.

No problem