Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Sears Gas Range Mo# TGS326RD2, Ser# RT1310660 Replaced a

Customer Question

Sears Gas Range Mo# ***** Ser# ***** Replaced a burned oven spark module Part# ***** still no spark in the oven. Could the oven control board have been damaged by a power serge also? And is there away to test it before I order an expensive part like the control board?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, I replaced the module and tried it but no spark so i tested the oven sensor and checked to see that it wasn't set for self clean.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i was a General ElectricFactory servie tech several years ago and still do work part time
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: would the oven gas valve have any effect on the spark activating?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So the control board is not an option for this issue. If you're not getting a spark on bake or broil, then you have a bad DSI board (that is the spark module you just replaced) or a bad gas valve. There are 3 terminals on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance from the top terminal to the middle terminal, and the middle terminal to the bottom terminal. You should get a reading of approximately 210 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, you need to replace the valve because even though only one coil may be bad, the DSI board will stop all oven function as soon as it detects there is a problem with one of the coils. Since you already replaced the DSI module I would imagine the gas valve is bad so below is a link tot eh part.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.