John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Wirlpool Gold & the Freezer has stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a Wirlpool Gold & the Freezer has stopped working. The refrigerator is cool, not nearly as cold as it was but it cool enough to keep food in it for now. I'm at work so I'm thinking it's better I contact you when I'm near the unit.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Wirlpool Gold model #GSF26C4EXBOO. I'm estimating 4 years old maybe when we bought it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband will try. But I will also tell you, about 1 year after purchasing it new, it the fridge side started freezing everything in the back of the fridge but we never attempted to get the thermostat checked.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 27 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 27 days ago.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Expert:  Kelly replied 27 days ago.

If there is frost built up on the cooling coil it will cause the issues you are seeing.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Kelly, I explained in the beginning I was at work & wasn't near my unit so I needed to do this when I got home. I can't answer your questions now.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hello?? Are u there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 27 days ago.

Yes, I am here. You can reply back when you get home.