Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a air wall oven which is a Maytag model JJW8530DDS

Customer Question

I have a Jen air wall oven which is a Maytag model JJW8530DDS which had the broiler element shorted out and melted a hole into the element. I replace the element but now when you go to pre heat or broil it does not go any higher than 117 degrees.the
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years old but has had little use. According to the sticker it is Model JJW8530DDS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I HAVE SOME ELECTRICAL BACKGROUND AND I DO HAVE A METER.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like a temperature sensor fault. Test the sensor for continuity. If no continuity replace sensor.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

I do not have the diagram you are wanting but you can purchase the SERVICE MANUAL here.

Actually appliance parts pro has some you can look at. CLICK HERE

Please remember I only get paid if you use the stars at the top of your page to rate me a 5. Please take the time to do this for helping you, Thanks.