Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Jenn-Air JDB8910AWS dishwasher that when you start

Customer Question

hi, I have a Jenn-Air JDB8910AWS dishwasher that when you start an Auto wash cycle the timer usually starts at 93 min, but then jumps to 99 and doesn't seam to clean the dishes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: not sure how to
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: also wanted to know if that model has a filter that needs to be cleaned?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try and assist you today. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Now you said the timer jumps up to 99 minutes and its not cleaning the dishes. What remains on the dishes after a cycle? Do your dishes feel warm or hot when you open the unit? Is there water left in the bottom when the cycle is done?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when i start the unit it usually says 93, then within a min of starting it goes to 99 and the wash cycle
runs at a snails pace if at all. let me add when I set it to heavy wash it shows 2Hr , but all i heard was a clicking once every 10 seconds and the wash cycle never started
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've power cycled didn't make a difference. sometimes it works okay , but its getting worse
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok give me a moment to see if I have the diagnostics cycle info so we can try and pull codes off of it. Give me just a moment please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok so sadly I am unable to locate the diagnostics manual for your unit. I have all the other information just not the diagnostics information. If I had to guess I think the problem is either with your timer or your main control board but of course I cant say that for sure without a code. The part is rather expensive to just buy to try that and I wouldn't expect you to do that. I can opt out and see if any other experts have any ideas but I believe that is what will be found out is the board is failing or the timer in the board. Would you like me to open this up to other experts.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a9b103c13d508372/Model-JDB8910AWS-Jenn-Air-Dishwasher-Circuit-Board-Timer-Parts

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope, this is what I came up with, the part is $200 is just to try
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Yeah it would be a little over 200 dollars to try. I am also finding alot of the parts to your unit have been discontinued.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for your time
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Not a problem at all would you like me to open this up to other experts for another opinion. You will not be charged again.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If you found my information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my time in the event you choose not to get a second opinion.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, it didn't help since you weren't sure
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That is fine i can open this up to other experts right now to see what they can find out for you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I just hate to say it is that part without a code to say for sure because its just so expensive. Opting out now no need to rate hopefully someone else will have the diagnostics manual.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, see if anyone else knows
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I`m not sure where the last persons was looking to say the timer was faulty but your model does not have a timer .

And yes the issue of the time display going to the 99 min and then just setting there /running very slow is a issue of the electronic control board has been corrupted, and will need to be replaced.

And unfortunately your model is so old that Whirlpool/Jenn-Aire no longer support it with a technical sheet to be able to run a diagnostics .

If you have any questions just reply back to me!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, I'm engineer you have confirmed what I expected.

No problem at all.Always glad to assist you.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star
at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge even after rating my service if you still need assistance.