Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

How can I clean the mold off of my rubber seal without

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - how can I clean the mold off of my rubber seal without damaging it on my front load Maytag washer?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is going on 13 years old - been a champ. I'll go look to see if I can figure out the model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It says Maytag Neptune. I just saw a thing on the news about a $50 rebate for it. I don't want to jump through all those hoops. I live alone, so it has been pretty lightly used, but I have tried getting the mold off to no effect.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I really don't want to pay to have someone else do it.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. Sorry to hear you are dealing with a mold problem. Let me give you some information that wont destroy your washer in the process. Give me just a moment.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Just so you know it is safe to use 3/4 cups of bleach and hot water with a rag to clean it away. That is the most common way of course it will also clean any bacteria and germs that is in there.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Also this is a good product to use to keep your washer smelling fresh and hopefully keep the mold down. It is suggested to keep your door open when not in use so it has time to dry after washing a load. It helps keep the unit from growing mold as well.

If you have any more questions or concerns or would like another way to do this. I can give you more suggestions. If this works for you please rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time and thank you for choosing just answer. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.