Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How to clean coils for frige

Customer Question

how to clean coils for frige
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the refrigerator near the ceiling so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sorry it took so long to get the MOD
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

Perfect, thank you. That's alright. So to clean the condenser coils on this refrigerator you're supposed to pull the refrigerator out 2 feet or so and open the refrigerator and freezer door. Turn the refrigerator off so you don't have fans blowing everything around. Remove the vent panel below the doors so you have access to the coils below the refrigerator. There are refrigeration coils brushes sold at places like Home Depot or Lowes which you can purchase if you'd like but they are just large pipe cleaners so if you have something else that will work you can use that. Stick the brush through the coils and rub the lint and dust off of them. Use a vacuum and suck up anything you can, then push the refrigerator backwards and vacuum anything left on the floor. Now you can put the kick panel back on and you can turn the refrigerator back on.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.