John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Transtherm ermitage wine refrigerator is close to 20

Customer Question

My Transtherm ermitage wine refrigerator is close to 20 years old. Recently it wuit working. It is completely shut off. I checked to be sure that the electrical outlet serving the refrigerator is functioning and confirmed that it was, so it's something in the unit itself. I need someone to repair it if possible.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: I bought it new some time in 2005
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not unless I have to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a 1 ermitage model
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Correction on age. Not sure but close to 15 years old.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

What is the model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I cant find it on the unit, but it is a very basic unit with a solid door. On the door is merely states that it is an "i" ermitage.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I have a hearing impairment so is best to continue this way. Don't to spend more than is necessary anyway.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

You are fine with that sorry the site is the one that offers the phone calls it wasn't from me. can you open the door and see if there is a sticker or plate in there that has the model number on it.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
here are the numbers on the unit at the very bottom, sort of hidden:
large model 1T
401371, 115V.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The 115V is not part of the number. It's separate. I assume that has to do with the electrical voltage.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Thank you and yes its the voltage. one minute while I pull up some information.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Have you tried checking continuity on the board of your unit? Do you happen to have a multimeter.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I haven't seen a board, so no I haven't checked it (really don't know what you mean by that). I don't have a multimeter.
The temperature gage block is not showing anything, as if there is no electricity going to it. Where would the board be, and where do I get a multimeter?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

I am just unable to pull up any diagrams to your unit. If i had to guess I would assume your control board which is probably located at the back has went out on you. Of course I cant tell you where that is specifically because I cant find a manual. If you would like I can open this up for other experts to try and see if they know anything different if you would like.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Is there an extra charge for that?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

no not at all.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Don't circulate this to others. Since I don't have an answer I assume I don't have to pay anything. Therefore please credit my card with reimbursement. If you can't do this please let me know who to contact.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

I can send this into customer care for a refund. Thank you for contacting me.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you for trying.