Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I just found the freezer temp was high in my model

Customer Question

I just found the freezer temp was high in my model ksss42qtx02 side by side. When I attempted to adjust it all of the temp and control lights went out and now won't come back on. The refrigerator door light comes on as does the freezer light.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: kitchenaid ksss42qtx02 and is about 8 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if I can. I'm going to lose a lot of food if I have to wait several days for a technician.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I went to get something from the freezer about :30 ago I noticed there was water on the floor under the door. When I investigated I noticed some of the frozen food a little soft. I checked the freezer temp and it was 40'. I then attempted to lower the selected temp and now can't get any response from the buttons. When I push the cooling on/off button all of the lights flash while I hold it in.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. Your control board has failed on you and will need to be replaced

17 on this diagram