Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE GFSS6KKYASS refrigerator. The lights and water

Customer Question

I have a GE GFSS6KKYASS refrigerator. The lights and water dispensor are working, but the fridge and freezer are not cooling. I cleaned the coils and unplugged and plugged the unit back in, and the compressor and fans started working. It cooled and the freezer froze. One day later, its warm again. I unplugged it and it started back up. Is this a problem with the motherboard ?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

If unplugging the unit starts the unit back up, then either you have a bad control board or you're getting an error code. Check the display when the unit stops cooling again. If you get an 88 on the screen then determine which segment is flashing and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. Otherwise if you're not getting an error and the unit just shuts down, the main control board on the back of the refrigerator will need to be ordered and replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?