John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hiya, i have a rangemaster RSXS661CR/C fridge freezer.

Customer Question

hiya, i have a rangemaster RSXS661CR/C fridge freezer. getting a loud rattling noise coming from the unit. louder when i open the fridge door, and stops when i open the freezer door. i think the freezer fan assembly is on the way out, but am having trouble finding the correct part to replace. dont want to dismantle the freezer until i have the correct part. any thoughts?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: i have a rangemaster RSXS661CR/C fridge freezer. about 6 ish years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, thats it. rattling noise, which sounds associated with somehting spinning. stops when you open the freezer door.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 29 days ago.

OK the circulating fan in the rear cover is either faulty or is catching an ice build up. When you open the door, power to this fan is cut off.