Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My Kitchenaid dishwasher start button won't start the cycle.

Customer Question

My Kitchenaid dishwasher start button won't start the cycle. All other buttons are working; is it likely the touch pad? Model #: KUDK03ITBS0
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We just recently purchased the home, I'd guess it is ~7-8 years old but checking now...
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what may be wrong and if it's worth fixing vs. replacing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: negative
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you today. So is just the start button not working or others as well? Will it turn on and power up? Does the door mechanism lock when you shut it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it locks. He other lights work but no, it won't start up because the start button doesn't work...
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Ok so then yes your touchpad has went out on you. Before ordering a part try turning the dishwasher off and on from the breaker or the plug just to give one last attempt.

Let me find the part you will need. One moment please.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WPW10078105/0022/665.html

part up at top

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/KUDK03ITBS0/0593/0130000.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=KUDK03ITBS0&searchTerm=KUDK03ITBS0

The diagram for how to remove screws.

I hope you have found this information helpful and are willing to rate with 5 stars for my advice.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up with you and see how its going I never heard back from you and I noticed this matter still open?