Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My magtag top loading HE washer has stopped working. I set

Customer Question

My magtag top loading HE washer has stopped working. I set the load and wash specification and it does not move beyond the initial sensing. the locked lid light start blinking and the door unlocks with no further movement. If i unplug and try to reboot nothing changes. it has been on the blink operating like this inconsistently for two weeks but now it seems to just not work.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have the directions in front of me and on the bottom where it says energy star are these numbers W10280465B and W10280669B-SP Is this the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I. do not but perhaps my husband could if we knew what the matter is and what the part is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Your diagnosis of the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The number you gave is the part number for the use and care guide not the machine model number, if you raise the lid on the washer and look on the frame of the washer under the lid you will see a tag with the model and serial number listed I will need that model number, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible, thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mvwx700xw0
C03330831

ok thanks for that info, give me just a moment

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The washer moves only partially through sensing. The red light starts blinking and does not stop.

ok using the tech data sheet I have provided below, follow the instructions on page 3 under fault code display and tell me what error code the machine is reporting, thanks.

click here to open/download tech data sheet

Hi there I was checking back in with you since I have not heard back yet, were you able to figure out what the error code ? Also please read below, thanks.

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.