Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have whirlpool duet, power went out, is back on. power is

Customer Question

i have whirlpool duet , power went out , is back on . power is on washer , won't start and won't open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Does your duet model have the removable service panel on the bottom of the washer? Some duet models do and some don't.

If yours has the panel unplug the washer, remove the panel and reach up inside the washer put your arm up the right side of the washer and feel for the bottom of the door lock assembly on the door lock assembly there is a circular tab, pull down on the tab and you will hear a click and the door will open. Once you have gotten the door open, close the door plug the unit back in and push the cancel button the washer should reset to where you can start a new cycle.

If you do not have the service panel then remove the top lid of the washer and do the same as above just you will be reach down instead of up.

let me know if the washer does not reset, thanks. In the meantime please read below, thanks.

Hi there was just checking back in with you were you able to get the machine back running, as I never heard back from you, please let me know, and if there is nothing else I can do for you please read below:

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.