Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I am getting an E5 on my Uline wine cooler, about 6 hours,

Customer Question

I am getting an E5 on my Uline wine cooler
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 6 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes--we would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that i can think of...we did notice the door was open slightly last night and closed it . The seal is fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

It means thermisor #1 is out of range for more than 12 hours and will need to be replaced. If you give me your model number I can pull up your part and hopefully a diagram to help assist in fixing this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model # 115WC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/U-Line-Thermistor/2709S/948452?ss=b183i253&mr=0

This will be what you have to replace. I currently can not find a diagram for your unit but I am looking. Typically you can access through the panel in the back through the inside of your unit. It will need to be unplugged before doing any of this.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So i can not find the diagram for you but I did find your user care manual.

https://www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/itemdocs/30088_Rev71.pdf

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. In the event you have any further questions rating does not stop you from getting back to me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If there is nothing else that you need all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. In the event you have any further questions I can be reached right back here on this thread for any follow up questions.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up with you and see how its going I never heard back from you and I noticed this matter still open?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The wine cooler is operating fine now. the E5 message is gone and the unit is cooling.
We just kept the door closed for 12 hours. please consider the matter closed.
Thank you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok will the problem is still with the thermistor and eventually will need to be replaced but I am glad its working for now. Enjoy your day. If you found my information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top and I can have this matter closed. Thank you for working with me.