Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A Samsung REFRIGERATOR THAT IS STUCK in OF OF mode

Customer Question

i HAVE A Samsung REFRIGERATOR THAT IS STUCK in OF OF mode (sorry for the typing issues)
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have entered in several different codes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: and I have turned it off for two minutes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model RFG297HDRS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

When it shows OF OF on the display, that means that the unit is in demo mode. All you should need to do is press and hold the power freeze and energy saver buttons for 5 seconds to remove demo mode. Watch the video in the link below and it shows you how to exit demo mode for Samsung refrigerators. The problem is that usually you didn't "accidentally" put the unit into demo mode since it's quite difficult to accidentally hold 2 buttons at the same time. That being said, I find this to be one of the most common ways that the display board shorts out on the refrigerator so if you can't exit demo mode, there is nothing you can do but replace the display board to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.