Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Whirlpool wrf989sdaw03 leaking water from the ice maker trap

Customer Question

whirlpool wrf989sdaw03 leaking water from the ice maker trap door (the area of the flapper from the cabinet into the door). Water is leaking all all down the inside surface of the door and into the shelves under the ice bucket. Repair man had already replaced the evaporator (supposed lack of cooling) and put in an enhanced condensation abatement kit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Dispenser Drips

Ice and water will continue to be dispensed for a few seconds after you release the dispenser pad. Wait a few seconds before removing the glass.

•Flush the water system. Air trapped in the water line will cause water to continue to flow from the dispenser.

•Check water supply pressure; check Reverse Osmosis (RO) system if applicable.

•Ice shavings may collect in dispenser chute and melt, which causes the dispenser to drip. Clean the ice delivery chute using a warm, damp cloth. Dry thoroughly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please read the question again. The water is leaking from INSIDE the cabinet, out of the area where the ice drops from the maker into the door bucket. The water is leaking from where the face plate of the INSIDE ice door snaps onto the front of the ice maker. There is no leak from where the ice/water is dispensed into a cup or glass.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.
Oh I thought you were referring t it leaking from the handle. Give me moment to pull up your information please.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Now is the water coming from the icemaker or from the Evaporator coil area?