Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a 1999 or 2000 get profile side by side refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a 1999 or 2000 get profile side by side refrigerator that I noticed over the last few days has been getting warm near the front, were the two doors come together. Today I noted some water under the fridge and when I investigated I can see that the fan in the back is not running and the compressor does not seem to be working either. I unplugged and ran a fan from the outside blowing on the very hot compressor. It's now cool but when I plug it in nothing happens in way of compressor or fan. The inside lights are still working.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: GE Profile , 1999 or 2000 model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No worked fine until now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The problem is the condenser fan has failed, when that happens the compressor runs hot and will shut off in overload. Also the front being warm is indicative of the compressor running hot as well, that is where the hi side lines of the sealed system run in order to heat the outside to keep moisture from building up but when the system pressure is high because of a issue the lines become very hot. The condenser fan motor will need to be replaced. If you give me the model number of the refrigerator I will be glad to give you the replacement part number for the motor. In the meantime please read below, thanks.

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?