Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a maytag bravos x washer & the lid keeps locking &

Customer Question

I have a maytag bravos x washer & the lid keeps locking & unlocking & won't work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model # is mvwx700xw2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure don't know what is wrong with it I've only had it about 3 yrs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It had started messing up not agitating or spinning that started working now it won't do anything but lock & unlock
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

I have uploaded the service manual for that model for you so that you can follow the directions on page 5-3 under fault code display mode and give me the error codes that are stored in memory so we can figure out what is going on.

click here to open/download service manual

let me know what error codes are reported, thanks. In the meantime please read below:

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.