Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Kenmore dishwasher 665.13543N410 in test cycle shows error

Customer Question

Kenmore dishwasher 665.13543N410 in test cycle shows error code F6, E2. New fill valve & control board didn't solve problem of panel lights going off 30 seconds after closing door & pushing start. All cycles work in test process, and tub fills, empties. Arms & etc all work properly. What do I check now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you. Give me a moment to pull up some information on this for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I live where the only internet connection is by sattelite, and weather is threatening. I may lose connection any minute
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

If that happens I will leave an answer for you when you return. That is not an issue. Just trying to locate a service manual is all.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Is it a possibility there is a loose connection in the fill valve area?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

or possibly an open fuse on the control to the fill valve?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Anything is possible, but since the fill valve works fine in the test cycle that seems unlikely, and I have checked continuity & it's fine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My connection is going off & on, & my phone is on the same satellite
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Sorry if the site offered you the phone call that did not come from me. Let me dig deeper into this and I will be back with you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome still looking into this.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

My reply from yesterday never came through. I sent this to you and for some reason it never went to you This was the info on your code. Have you tried checking the drain pump to see if there is anything in there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As I said, the weather is causing frequent internet outages. Satellite internet service leaves a lot to be desired. I have replaced the fill valve, control board & drain pump, all of which were suggested by Sears or forums. The new board shows no error codes now, but original problem still there.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Have you checked the fuse on the board for the fill valve?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had trouble getting that done, but yes, fuse is okay. I had figured it was, since the fill valve works in the test cycle, and the new board should have been good.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

There is nothing else I can think of that would cause you this issue. Since you have replaced all these parts have you tried turning the unit off via the breaker or cord and leaving it unplugged for 30 seconds and then just plugging it back in?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Several times. Each time I replaced a part, and several times between messing with the thing & taking a break to cuss Kenmore/Whirlpool.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I totally understand. Well with that being said there is nothing else I can think of to suggest. The code you are receiving is for the parts you have replaced. The fuses are good and unplugging did not reset it so I am out of options. Would you like me to open this up to other experts to see if they have any ideas?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's your call. I know I've run out of ideas, and I'm 75 miles from a service center.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Did I have you check the ohms on the control board?