Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

DFUD042 viking Dishwasher. Drain pump keeps running even tho

Customer Question

DFUD042 viking Dishwasher. Drain pump keeps running even tho the door is open. There is no water in the dishwasher. The overflow pan is dry. No lights are on. Would love you help !!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2008. DFUD042. is art number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes...We have already replaced the water converter valve due to contamination and we have confirmed there is power to the control panel.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like your unit may be in flood mode. Give me just a moment to pull up your manual and see how we can fix this for you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.
  • In the picture below the drain pump is #410, the switch is #407 and the styrofoam float is #415.

To gain access to this you will need to remove the unit from the cabinets.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am unavailable for a call at the moment but I would be more than happy to continue trouble shooting with you on here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not the issue...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Webb Guy, Week ago Charcoal filter mistakenly placed in DW exploded, leaving tiny granules through out. Turning on DW got strange buzzing noise and lights that changed to pots after a few sec of operation. I found diverter valve making noise, and upon disassembly found unit jammed with pellets gears stripped. Ordered & installed new part form Viking. Noise gone. Drain pump runs all the time no lights. Checked flood mode/switch, not the issue. Took door apart to see if controls damaged, found circuit board will light when removed. but will not program. Drain pump runs all the time. Interesting circuit board.. The rinse mode module can not be near anything hand, plastic etc as it prevents any lights to come on.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So then the issue sounds like its with your circuit board then and that will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful and it solves your problem all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.